Thursday 14 August 2014

Update



It has been a while since I have posted any woodturning due mainly to being busy making and delivering to galleries. Currently most of my work is bread and butter bowls, hollow forms etc so nothing which make me want to get my camera out.

Recently however I did attend a Rolly Munro demonstration at Burnham-on-Sea woodturning club which was great day out, pictures and write up can be seen here.

Could not resist getting a picture with Rolly after the demo, a great day was had by all.


As an update during this day I was asked by several people how my next book is going, some do actually read my blog which is refreshing :-). The answer to this is that my book is in various piles around my desk gathering dust and I think it will be for some time, currently I am enjoying making and starting new projects and sculptural work with this being the second point in that no one has seen any of my new sculptural pieces. !!. There are various reasons for this including that I now tend to keep things close to my chest until they are finished,  I have again just not had the time to dedicate to taking pictures at all. Summer holiday means I have to juggle looking after my two daughters and getting work done so anything which is not profitable is left on the sidelines and this includes taking pictures of new work. 

That is about it for now, nothing exciting going on other than making larger forms, one of which is shown at the top of the page being an oak vase turned from wet wood 450 mm high x 200 dia, being (18 inches high x 8 inches dia) in old money. 




No comments: