Thursday 29 September 2011

New Piece




Probably a little self indulgent to have a picture of myself at the top of the page but hey ho it doesn't harm from time to time. I would like to thank Bethany my 10 year old daughter for taing these pictures and for not dropping my new camera. I believe it is important for children to be introduced as much as possible to creativity so Bethany often uses my camera for taking some great pics.

This sycamore form has been sat waiting to be finshed for a while.  The benefit of sycamore is that it moves very little when seasoning especially if the growth rings are concentric. So a quick clean up with the gouge was all that was needed for the outside and a scraper for the inside before finishing with abrasive.

The texturing has been completed and now I have to decide where to go with it next. I have a vague idea as it will be a continuence of my Japanese inspired work but I would like to include some different materials so will have to see how it turns out.

No comments: