Monday 13 August 2012

Busy times



As I have mentioned in a previous thread I currently have at home my two daughter's from school on the annual summer holiday break. This is for obvious reasons a quiet time for me to spend with my family as working becomes difficult so I take my annual holiday around this time and just juggle everything else after my first priority, my family has been taken care of.

I have been doing a little turning but have been working on some now designs and ideas as well as writing. I have decided to return to basics with my work and to de-clutter so for personal reasons I recently decided to resign my membership to the RPT. Currently I feel I feel I am not suited at this time to any organisations and so have decide to just work in a more isolated way.


My passion is in making and creating and with all the distractions I allow myself to indulge in it is time to step back and return to basics and the enjoyment of the process.

Some great news for me hopefully on the horizon but I will keep this quite until I have confirmation.

As I say I am working on some new pieces based on previous work that I have produced and am re-visiting ideas and methods and re-thinking about the substance in these.

 Photography has also been featuring lately in a big way as I continue to take more and more pictures for reference. The picture at the top is that of a garden spider that was chilling out on a ficus plant just outside my conservatory door. Amazing colours, textures and shapes to work with.






No comments: