Saturday 29 September 2012

Autumn


Obviously Autumn has been here for a little while now, and brings with it a changing canvass of colour, texture, sounds and smells, although with the warm weather it is coming late.  The leaves start to turn, the berries are ripening, the swallows think about leaving for a warmer climes, and the woodland scent changes from freshly trodden grass to slowly decaying vegetation, to mention only the minutest of changes that we see going on around us. It is, for these reasins, one of the seasons I find most beautiful, the ending of lush green hedgerows is almost a rest bite before the hard winter starts.

Haiku, something I enjoy reading, expresses it well in this poem by Takahama, Kyoshi 

'The winds that blows -ask them, which leaf on the tree will be next to go'

Being out on a walk is  a wonderful place to contemplate life's direction and is great for re-connecting with what is most important, for finding calmness in the simple things of life such as family, nature and the beauty around us, and as normal I have been snapping away with my Canon.

Here are a few recent pictures.  The little fella at the top was taken with 35 X's optical zoom, hand held so I was surprised when I got back to find so little camera shake. A mono pod is the next investment as I have tried to get by without one but I have to concede and get one.

The bottom picture is of Rinodina roboris, lichen which to give some scale the largest rounds are approximately 2mm








No comments: