Wednesday 12 March 2014

Workshop revamp



For some time now I have been meaning to revamp my workshop to sort through many of the items that have been stored away for years 'just in case' I need them. Working methods develop and change direction over time and with it the storage and set up of years gone by needs to be tweaked to boost efficiency.

In short I have been throwing out bags and bags of old equipment, tools rubbish and materials that are no longer needed. Any usable tools are given away, if I don't need them they have to go as they take up valuable space and  it is amazing how much has been hoarded into places I had forgotten about.

Once clear, new shelving was built and others moved and good white wash applied to brighten things up a bit. The picture here shows the coal face side of the workshop with the storage side behind the camera still being painted, this will be completed in a few weeks as I have to get back to making and teaching. In this vain I have been working on some new pieces as well as the normal roughing out forms for seasoning as with the spalted beech hollow form below,  I hope to show some new pieces in the coming weeks.





 

No comments: